Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Cass County Park, Queen City, Texas



Made it to Texas!!
Easy drive, I left by 8 to beat the heat (90). Stopped at the Texarkana
Walmart for groceries. Interesting seeing half the customers in cowboy
hats...

Took a chance and headed for Cass County Park instead of Atlanta, TX
State Park which got excellent reviews. Cass County was a Passport
America park which means I pay half price. There are NO reviews for
this park anywhere which usually isn't a good sign. Turned off the
main highway onto a county road which shortly turned into a very bumpy,
lumpy 1 1/2 lane lonely stretch for 5 miles with some shabby trailers.
But there were signs for the park so I kept going. In the middle of
nowhere but boy I'm glad I came.  This place is gorgeous. Huge, open
sites, every one with a lake view. Host was really helpful and picked
me a great site and then drove to show me where it was. Electric, water
and a strong 3G signal for $8 a day!! People have caught 5 ft.
catfish here this summer. I signed up for 2 nights.

I uploaded a short video from my kayak trip on Table Rock Lake showing
one of the ducks and the Branson Showboat.


1 comment: