Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Natural Bridge in Slade, Kentucky

When I left Newlon Airpark I was heading for Shelbyville Lake
Campground in Kentucky. Along the way I saw a sign for "Natural Bridge
State Resort Park" so I decided to make a 50 mile detour and stay there
a day. Campground was nothing special except a nice little brook behind
my site.

I hiked a mile up the mountain to see the huge sandstone arch. Lots of
steps and few people along the way. Some other rock formations that
reminded me of Thunder Rocks in Allegany State Park. When I made it to
the top it was hard to see the arch at all with all the trees. The back
side was a little clearer. It is neat that you can climb up these very
narrow stone steps to the top and then walk across it. Pretty view.

I left Natural Bridge for Shelbyville this morning and again was
sidetracked. I stopped and toured the Wild Turkey Distillery in
Lawrenceburg, KY!

No comments:

Post a Comment