Friday, September 7, 2012

In West Virginia

Left Sheandoah National Park this morning (saw a big bear walking
across the road in front of me) and drove 135 VERY hilly miles through
Virginia into West Virginia. My poor motorhome was starting to
overheat climbing the mountains in 2nd gear.
Now I am in Greenbrier State Forest Campground. Actually I was heading
to Moncove Lake State Park but this place was 15 miles closer. A small
campground, only 16 sites, 3 of which have campers. All sites with
electric (I got a senior discount!) and enough signal that I can
use my phone to connect my MacBook Pro to the internet.

Going to grill a steak for dinner and maybe watch a movie. Got the a/c
going; it was near 90 all the way here.

A little stream runs through the park and I see something has dug into
the bottom. Salamanders?

2 comments: