Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Lake Shelbyville Campground

After leaving the distillery I finally made it to the Lake Shelbyville
Campground. It is small and run by the county. Only a few sites but
only 3 other campers here. A nice little lake formed by the mighty
Shelbyville Dam. Plenty of swans, fish and turtles swimming by. A plus
is a paved site with water & electric is $15/night. That's the 1988 New
York State parks price...

Previously I had stopped at Lowes and bought a roll of Refeltix
insulation and a roll of adhesive velcro. My small motorhome heats up
really fast when in the sun and I don't always have electric for the
a/c. So I covered the windows in the upper bunk. The side ones are in
2 pieces so I can take half off to slide open the window. I also made
some curtains for the cab side windows and the ceiling vent. The
ceiling vent is very thin and lets in heat and cold and noise. I can
remove the Reflectix if I want to open it. I even made a cover for the
front door window because a few times I've been in sites where a light
shines through there and it has no curtain.

MUCH cooler in here now.

Tomorrow my plan is to drive to St. Louis, MO and camp at Horseshoe
Lake where I camped in 2009. No electric there! Saturday I go to
Sedalia.

1 comment: