Wednesday, October 10, 2012

6 NEW TIRES!!!!!




I set my alarm and got to Delta Tire at 7:30 to have the (6) tires I'd ordered and had delivered there from TireRack.com installed. They took me right in;
very nice people. The manager was an rver and so were 2 of the
installers. They admired my little motorhome especially when I said it
got 15 mpg. They get 8 mpg. There was free coffee and wi-fi. In 2 hours it was
finished, the bill was $175 which was what was estimated on their
website for installing, balancing, etc. 6 tires.

I left and decided to check out Acadania Village, an old southern
mansion and farm about 4 miles away. On the way it seemed like the
motorhome was wagging with the new tires. The installer had asked me
what pressure and I told him 65 pounds. When I got to the place I
checked and they all read 69 (because I'd been driving in the sun)
except the R/R outside which read T E N POUNDS!!?? I sprayed some water
on it and the old valve extension was leaking. I called Delta back and
asked if they sold extensions; they didn't. Went to Advance Auto; they
didn't. Called 2 RV places; they didn't. Called a truck place; they
didn't but said Bumper 2 Bumper Auto Parts did.

So I drove there. They had ONE type for $36/2. I bought them and they
weren't what was on there but I made it work. Evidently the ones on my
Sunrader are the 1987 originals. The outside rear tires are installed
backwards so it is impossible to check or add air without some kind of
hose extension. I took off the inside rear (and replaced it with one of
the new ones) to try to make it work on the outside rear. NG. So took
another look and decided maybe the one remaining new extension WOULD go
on after all even if it was short. It did but it wasn't fun; I roasted. After 2 days of 70's it's sunny
and 88. But I got it on (I hope). I took a pic of the original
extensions and the new ones I put on. Then I crawled around underneath
and remounted the spare. WHEW!!!

Saw this big 2 1/2" spider down by the canal yesterday, then saw 4 more of the
same kind. The webs are 3 ft across! This campground area was settled a long time ago by a Mr. Dugat.

I may break into the gin & tonic now.

No comments:

Post a Comment