Monday, October 22, 2012

Home Again

I am back in Rochester, NY.
It was a very breezy drive from PA; a stiff west wind the whole way
made it a little tiring keeping my Sunrader straight on the highway.

I started this trip the morning of 23rd of August and returned the
evening of October 21. My main destination was the Escapee Fall Escapade
in Sedalia, MO. Boy that seems ages ago! I've traveled through 17
states and driven 5,215 miles. Had an assortment of problems like the
mystery of the alternator light (which never actually caused a problem),
the temperature gauge that appears to read a little higher every other
day (but it never overheated), the sudden transmission leak in Galveston
(which seems to come and go and the fluid level never seems to drop)
and the one real problem: the rear tire blow out. That was my fault; I
should have gotten new tires before I left. The long drives, rough roads
and the temperature hanging about 90 until I got into Georgia just
added too much stress to the old tires.

So now it's time to change the oil & filter, winterize the water systems
and put it into storage until next Spring.

Next year's destination: who knows!?

1 comment: