Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Just Sittin'

Quite a pretty sunset last night just before a small thunderstorm
passed through.

I got up this morning at asked if I could stay through the weekend but
they are totally full starting Friday. I added 1 more day so I'll leave
tomorrow morning for Louisiana. This beach is as uncrowded as I've
seen. In the mornings all you see are 4 or 5 people for 1/2 a mile. Ups
from the beach is a system of wetlands, maybe tidal pooling, that are
filled with different kinds of birds. I see people netting minnows for
bait.

After hearing this place was full I got concerned about the spot I'm
planning on stopping next, Lake Fausse Pointe State Park 270 miles
away: "Lake Fausse Pointe State Park, at the edge of a beautiful water
wilderness, is also a perfect point from which to explore the natural
and cultural heritage of South Louisiana". I checked and they only had 5
sites unreserved through the weekend! So I quickly reserved a site
Thurs.-Sun. Don't like to do it because it forces me to go there and
not some spot I stumble across on the way, but I don't want to end up
in the boonies of Louisiana with no place to stay!

So today I'm just sittin' by the Gulf of Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment