Thursday, October 4, 2012

At Lake Fausse Pointe State Park, Louisiana

Had a few motorhome problems yesterday. First off after it sat in the hot sun yesterday the gas expanded in the tank which raised the level enough that it started dripping out of the rubber hose connection at the top of the fuel tank. So I thought I'd just idle it for 15 minutes to lower the level. Well that worked ok; it stopped dripping. But another puddle appeared under the engine of what I first thought was water but it was transmission fluid. Probably only a cup full but it made a mess and was upsetting. My neighbor, Paul, was going into town and offered to pick me up some transmission Stop Leak (THANKS!).

After he came back we walked up to the local beach bar, Woody's, with his 2 dogs Smokey & Bandit. Had some Texas Shiner drafts out on the deck; a gorgeous night. Big moon rose out over the gulf later on.

I set my alarm for 5:15 to beat the heat and the Houston bound traffic which Paul said was pretty bad. I stopped at the park entrance under a streetlight and added my Stop Leak. I figured I'd already spilled enough things on my campsite pad...

Drive was pretty smooth. Some traffic the first 45 minutes. Started getting to 90 again by 11. I stopped at Walmart for supplies and checked for transmission drips. Didn't seem to be any. Got off US 10 and had to drive 25 miles along a levee to get to this park! Nothing around but a few trailers. GPS said -8 ft in lots of spots. But I got here ok and the park is very nice. Had to switch sites because the 30 amp circuit was ng. Park will be pretty full this weekend. The premium sites have little docks on the water; I am next to one which is vacant today. Sites are all paved and I was surprised to find free wireless. Sites are $16 with electric. Mine backs up to the water.

So I will be here until Sunday at least. This is the first spot that has been closer to home than the one before, so I'm heading back East.

No comments:

Post a Comment