Thursday, October 11, 2012

Escapees Rainbow Plantation, Summerdale, Alabama

Left Lousiana 7:30 this morning. Uneventful 275 mile drive. Interesting
going over some of the swamps and wetlands near Baton Rouge. Bridges 6
or 7 miles long and swamps as far as you can see. A few big high
bridges over rivers and one long tunnel under Mobile Bay. Drove by the
Battleship Alabama in Mobile 30 miles before I got here. This is another
Escapees Club park, a newer one than Rainbow's End in Texas. The sites
are much bigger with lots of big old trees; they put me under one. All
the sites have full hookups: electric, water and sewer. Big fields
around for expansion. Has a clubhouse with pool and a laundry. I picked
up a couple of paperbacks at the library in the clubhouse.

There are many permanent residents here, too. You can buy a site for
$16,000 plus a $700 yearly fee. They offer wi-fi for $3 a day but my
cell phone booster gets me a pretty strong signal so I use that to
connect my mac to the internet. I may stay here a couple of days and
see that battleship. There's also a WWII submarine up on blocks there
that you can tour. The sites here are $15/day + electric.

It's sunny and 82 here now.

No comments:

Post a Comment